Sun, Oct 30|
The Truffle Shuffle
The Truffle Shuffle
A one-hour endurogrind for absolutely no reason. 120 riders, 1 champ. Are you game?
Time & Location
Oct 30, 2022, 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM CDT
The Truffle Shuffle, E 44th St & S Brush Creek Rd, Oklahoma 74074, USA
About the event
The Truffle Shuffle: A One-Hour Endurogrind for Absolutely No Reason. 120 riders, 60 minutes. Will you be the guardian of the FIFTH-ever Truffle Trophy? Race to find out!
PERTINENT COURSE INFO
- "The Truffle Shuffle" is an aptly named left-turn-obsessed 1.5 mile route that runs from the gravel on 44th & Brush Creek to 47th to Longview to the pavement on 44th and then back onto Brush Creek gravel.
- Riders will begin at the top of the infamous "Inspiration Point" hill, turn left onto 47th, left onto Longview, left onto 44th, and once again onto Brush Creek to complete the loop. (You always climb the hill—you never get to go down.)
- Expect things to happen. Crazy things. Things beyond your wildest fears. Eliminations. Exaggerations. Terrapin Stations. The finalized RULES LIST will be released within the coming weeks, so stay tooned.
- RideWithGPS (so you don't get lost): https://ridewithgps.com/routes/31910750
- NOTE: While these are lowER-traffic roads, there may still be TRAFFIC. Volunteers will be located at pertinent points with signs to alert motorists--however, BE SAFE and AWARE when making your turns. In particular, the turn from Longview onto 44th (gravel to pavement) is one to be aware of and thus will be appropriately staffed.
WHY SHOULD I CARE?
- There are prizes. Oh yes. All TRSH registrants will be entered to win a FREE entry to MidSouth 2023. Wow!
- This is our first-ever edition with CATEGORIES! The top rider in each category will win a Category Award AND ALSO have a chance at the Truffle Trophy of Champions.
- Boozy (and alcohol-free) handups will be provided to riders at the top of Inspiration Point; add a little fire to your tire!
- We are inviting the kind people who live on Longview to come out and heckle you as you rip by!
- All participants get a sticker, free beer and non-alcoholic bevs, a plate of DELICIOUS homemade BBQ made by our very own This Land BBQ (owned by Anthony and Alexis Croff!), and additional mysterious (but totally awesome!) swag.
- We are holding a KIDS' LAP from 11:30AM to 12:30PM. Got a kid who loves to ride but is under the age of 13? This is their moment! (If you are participating in the kids' lap we recommend arriving by 11:00AM!) Registration is $5/kid.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- If you have a bike and a penchant for pain, you can (and should) register! For safety purposes, if you are a child under the age of 13, we recommend you participate in the Kids' Lap and join the cheering squad to scream at as many cyclists as you'd like.
- The field is open to 120 participants! 50 spots have been reserved specifically for Women, BIPOC, and Gender Diverse riders (as well as riders who cannot afford the entry fee). This year we have THREE CATEGORIES: Men's Open (The Rockford Peaches), Women's Open (The Kenosha Comets), and Non-Binary Open (The South Bend Blue Sox). Each category will receive a SPECIFIC BIB COLOR. At the end of the race, the top racer from each category will compete for the ULTIMATE GLORY!
- Sorry, we're fun-suckers, but no motor-powered bikes or eBikes are allowed in this race. There are also no separate categories for single-speed, cargo, tandem, etc. so if you want a chance at the gold we highly recommend gears. However, if you do ride a single-speed/cargo and complete the hour, Clare will personally worship the ground you ride on once you cross the finish line. That's cool, right?
- Registration is $35/entry. WHAT! This will get you some AWESOME stuff the day of, including swag, FOOD, and DRUNK. Drink? You heard us—CALORIES! All registration money goes directly back into the race (duh). ALSO be on the lookout for one our newer additions (they were a big hit the last few times): PORT-A-POTTIES!
THE DIRTY DOUBLE
- We've partnered with Orange Dirt Trail Series to create the DIRTY DOUBLE! Join the speedsters over at Orange Dirt Trail Series on Saturday, October 29 and run a 5K, 10K, Half Marathon, or Marathon. Use code "DirtyDouble" to receive 10% off your Orange Dirt registration! Then, ride The Truffle Shuffle on Sunday, October 30. All Dirty Double finishers will receive special swag! To qualify, you must register for a run (and run your run!) at https://www.bikesignup.com/Race/OK/Stillwater/OrangeDirtTrailSeries
- We expect questions. As stated, a finalized rules list will be posted soon. Please feel free to reach out to @nopressurejustbikes or @truff.shuff on Instagram any time (we're pretty active on the 'gram!). We're also available by email: firstname.lastname@example.org and by phone at 518-369-2573. To register, visit https://www.bikereg.com/the-truffle-shuffle
- SATURDAY - ORANGE DIRT TRAIL SERIES RUN - Optional: To register for the run, visit https://www.bikesignup.com/Race/OK/Stillwater/OrangeDirtTrailSeries
- 11:00AM - 12:45PM - Check In
- 11:30AM - 12:30PM - Kids' Lap
- 1:00PM - 2:00PM - Truffle Shuffle Race
- 2:15PM - 2:30PM - Awards
*If you're planning on racing AND participating in the Kids' Lap, we recommend showing up earlier rather than later!