Sun, Feb 13|
The Truffle Shuffle
The Truffle Shuffle
A one-hour endurogrind for absolutely no reason. 120 riders, 60 minutes. 1 Truffle Trophy & a whole lotta respect.
Time & Location
Feb 13, 2022, 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM CST
The Truffle Shuffle, E 44th St & S Brush Creek Rd, Oklahoma 74074, USA
About the event
The Truffle Shuffle: A One-Hour Endurogrind for Absolutely No Reason. 120 racers, 60 minutes. Will you be the guardian of the third-ever Truffle Trophy? Race to find out!
PERTINENT COURSE INFO
- "The Truffle Shuffle" is an aptly named left-turn-obsessed 1.5 mile route that runs from the gravel on 44th & Brush Creek > 47th > Longview > 44th.
- Riders will begin at the top of the infamous "Inspiration Point" hill, turn left onto 47th, left onto Longview, left onto 44th, and once again onto Brush Creek to complete the loop. (You always climb the hill—you never get to go down.)
- Expect things to happen. Crazy things. Things beyond your wildest fears. Eliminations. Exaggerations. Terrapin Stations. The finalized RULES LIST will be released within the coming weeks, so stay tooned.
- RideWithGPS (so you don't get lost): https://ridewithgps.com/routes/31910750
- NOTE: While these are lowER-traffic roads, there may still be TRAFFIC. Volunteers will be located at pertinent points with signs to alert motorists--however, BE SAFE and AWARE when making your turns. In particular, the turn from Longview onto 44th (gravel to pavement) is one to be aware of and thus will be appropriately staffed.
WHY SHOULD I CARE?
- There are prizes. Oh yes. This year, all TRSH registrants will be entered to win a FREE entry to MidSouth 2022. Wow!
- The Truffle Shuffle FIRST place rider will receive a special, limited-edition TRSH Trophy. SECOND and THIRD places will also win limited-edition, less impressive trophies.
- This year we will also have a special trophy for our TANDEM WINNERS (see below for more info!).
- Boozy handups will be provided to riders at the top of Inspiration Point; add a little fire to your tire!
- We are inviting the kind people who live on Longview to come out and heckle you as you rip by!
- All participants get a sticker, free beer and non-alcoholic bevs, and a plate of DELICIOUS homemade BBQ made by our very own This Land BBQ (owned by Anthony and Alexis Croff!).
- This year we are holding a free KIDS' LAP from 11:30AM to 12:30PM. Got a kid who loves to ride but is under the age of 13? This is their moment! (If you are participating in the kids' lap we recommend arriving by 11:00AM!)
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- If you have a bike and a penchant for pain, you can (and should) register! For safety purposes, if you are a child under the age of 13, we recommend you participate in the Kids' Lap and join the cheering squad to scream at as many cyclists as you'd like.
- The field is open to 120 participants! 40 spots have been specifically reserved for women and non-binary riders, so if you have a sister, girlfriend, partner, friend, mom, or nun, sign them up! They'll love you for it!
- This year we have TWO CATEGORIES: Tandem and Non-Tandem. All tandem riders will be treated as individual riders regardless of category. This means that if you're riding a tandem and your stoker (or captain) gets eliminated, YOU MUST PRESS ON! Tandem at your own risk, but the rewards are great. As stated above, there is a prize for FIRST-PLACE TANDEM! NOTE: If you and a partner are registering to ride tandem, please register as a GROUP (available in the ticketing menu).
- Sorry, we're fun-suckers, but no motor-powered bikes or eBikes are allowed in this race. There are also no separate categories for single-speed, cargo, etc. so if you want a chance at the gold we highly recommend gears. However, if you do ride a single-speed/cargo and complete the hour, Clare will personally worship the ground you ride on once you cross the finish line. That's cool, right?
- Registration is $35/entry. WHAT! Yes, registration is a little higher this time around—however, this will get you some AWESOME stuff the day of, including swag bags, FOOD and DRUNK. Drink? You heard us—CALORIES! All registration money goes directly back into the race (we mean, duh). ALSO be on the lookout for one our newer additions (they were a big hit last time): PORT-A-POTTIES!
- We expect questions. As stated, a finalized rules list will be posted soon. Please feel free to reach out to @nopressurejustbikes or @truff.shuff on Instagram any time (we're pretty active on the 'gram!). We're also available by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 11:00AM - 12:45PM - Check In
- 11:30AM - 12:30PM - Kids' Lap
- 1:00PM - 2:00PM - Truffle Shuffle Race
- 2:15PM - 2:30PM - Awards
*If you're planning on racing AND participating in the Kids' Lap, we recommend showing up earlier rather than later!
Credit to Dylan Postier for the video of TRSH20!