Sun, Nov 07|
The Truffle Shuffle
The Truffle Shuffle
A one-hour endurogrind for absolutely no reason. 100 riders, 60 minutes. 1 Truffle Trophy & a whole lotta respect.
Time & Location
Nov 07, 2021, 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM CST
The Truffle Shuffle, E 44th St & S Brush Creek Rd, Oklahoma 74074, USA
About the event
The Truffle Shuffle: A One-Hour Endurogrind for Absolutely No Reason. 100 racers, 60 minutes. Will you be the guardian of the third-ever Truffle Trophy? Race to find out!
PERTINENT COURSE INFO
- "The Truffle Shuffle" is an aptly named left-turn-obsessed 1.5 mile route that runs from the gravel on 44th & Brush Creek > 47th > Longview > 44th.
- Riders will begin at the intersection (on gravel), climb the infamous "Inspiration Point" hill, turn left onto 47th, left onto Longview, and once again left onto 44th to complete the loop.
- Expect things to happen. Crazy things. Things beyond your wildest fears. Eliminations. Exaggerations. Terrapin Stations. The finalized RULES LIST will be released within the coming weeks, so stay tooned.
- RideWithGPS (so you don't get lost): https://ridewithgps.com/routes/31910750
- NOTE: While these are lowER-traffic roads, there may still be TRAFFIC. Volunteers will be located at pertinent points with signs to alert motorists--however, BE SAFE and AWARE when making your turns. In particular, the turn from Longview onto 44th (gravel to pavement) is one to be aware of and thus will be appropriately staffed.
WHY SHOULD I CARE?
- There are prizes. Oh yes. This year, all TRSH registrants will be entered to win a FREE entry to MidSouth 2022. Wow! In addition, we're having a COSTUME CONTEST from 2:15PM - 2:45PM following the race. This year's theme is Halloween, and what's Halloween without costumes?
- FIRST place will receive a special, limited-edition TRSH Trophy. SECOND and THIRD places will also win prizes and the esteemed title of SWEATY TRUFFLE.
- Boozy handups will be provided to riders at the top of Inspiration Point; add a little fire to your tire!
- We are inviting the kind people who live on Longview to come out and heckle you as you rip by!
- All participants get a sticker, free beer and non-alcoholic bevs, and a plate of DELICIOUS homemade BBQ made by our very own This Land BBQ (owned by Anthony and Alexis Croff!).
- This year we are holding a free KIDS' LAP from 11:30AM to 12:30PM. Got a kid who loves to ride but is under the age of 13? This is their moment! (If you are participating in the kids' lap we recommend arriving by 11:00AM!)
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- If you have a bike and a penchant for pain, you can (and should) register! For safety purposes, if you are a child under the age of 13, we recommend you participate in the Kids' Lap and join the cheering squad to scream at as many cyclists as you'd like.
- The field is open to 100 participants! 30 spots have been specifically reserved for women and non-binary riders, so if you have a sister, girlfriend, partner, friend, mom, or nun, sign them up! They'll love you for it!
- Sorry, we're fun-suckers, but no motor-powered bikes or eBikes are allowed in this race. There are also no separate categories for single-speed, cargo, tandem, etc. so if you want a chance at the gold we highly recommend gears. However, if you do ride a single-speed/cargo/tandem and complete the hour, Clare will personally worship the ground you ride on once you cross the finish line. That's cool, right?
- Registration is $30/entry. WHAT! Yes, registration is a little higher this time around—however, this will get you some AWESOME stuff the day of, including FOOD and DRUNK. Drink? You heard us—CALORIES! All registration money goes directly back into the race (we mean, duh). ALSO be on the lookout for our newest addition: PORT-A-POTTIES! Forget the field, wait in line!
- We expect questions. As stated, a finalized rules list will be posted soon. Please feel free to reach out to @nopressurejustbikes or @truff.shuff on Instagram any time (we're pretty active on the 'gram!). We're also available by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1 hour 45 minutes
This is your ticket to ride! Includes a whole plate of DELICIOUS ThisLandBBQ, access to booze & non-boozy drinks, a TRSH sticker, and a spot on the start line.$30.00+$0.75 service fee
A free lap for kids 13 and under who want to taste some TRSH! Does not include booze or food.$0.00