Sun, Nov 07|
The Truffle Shuffle
The Truffle Shuffle
A one-hour endurogrind. Grinduro. Endurind. Whatever. 100 racers, 60 minutes. One Truffle Trophy & a whole lotta respect.
Time & Location
Nov 07, 2021, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM CST
The Truffle Shuffle, E 44th St & S Brush Creek Rd, Oklahoma 74074, USA
About the event
The Truffle Shuffle: A One-Hour Endurogrind for Absolutely No Reason. 100 racers, 60 minutes. Will you be the guardian of the second-ever Truffle Trophy? Race to find out.
PERTINENT COURSE INFO
- "The Truffle Shuffle" is an aptly named left-turn-obsessed 1.5 mile route that runs from the gravel on 44th & Brush Creek > 47th > Longview > 44th. (See attached course image.)
- Racers will begin at the intersection (on gravel), climb the infamous "Inspiration Point" hill, turn left onto 47th, left onto Longview, and once again left onto 44th to complete the loop.
- Expect things to happen. Crazy things. Things beyond your wildest fears. Eliminations. Exaggerations. Terrapin Stations. The finalized RULES LIST will be released within the coming weeks.
- RideWithGPS (so you don't get lost): https://ridewithgps.com/routes/31910750
- NOTE: While these are lowER-traffic roads, there may still be TRAFFIC. Volunteers will be located at pertinent points with signs to alert motorists--however, BE SAFE and AWARE when making your turns. In particular, the turn from Longview onto 44th (gravel to pavement) is one to be aware of and thus will be appropriately staffed.
WHY SHOULD I CARE?
- There are prizes. Oh yes. In ADDITION to the coveted Truffle Trophy, the winner will be crowned TRUFFLE CHAMPION and showered with gifts (most likely in a metaphorical sense, but we'll see what we can do).
- SECOND and THIRD place racers will also win prizes. These include but are not limited to: a smaller, less-cool but still cool trophy and the esteemed title of SWEATY TRUFFLE.
- Boozy handups will be provided to racers at the top of Inspiration Point; add a little fire to your tire!
- We are inviting the kind people who live on Longview to come out and heckle you as you rip by!
- All participants get a sticker! How about that.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- If you have a bike and a penchant for pain, you can (and should) register! For safety purposes, if you are a child under the age of 13, we recommend you join the cheering squad and scream at as many cyclists as you'd like.
- The field is open to 100 participants! Tell your friends! Your parents! Put their name down! Don't even tell them until the day before. They'll love it.
- Sorry, we're fun-suckers, but no motor-powered bikes or eBikes are allowed in this race. There is also no separate category for single-speed, cargo bike, tandem bike, etc. so if you want a chance at the gold we highly recommend gears. However, if you do ride a single-speed and complete the hour, Clare will personally worship the ground you ride on once you cross the finish line. That's cool, right?
- Registration is $30/entry. WHAT! Yes, the registration fee has gone up; however, this will get you some AWESOME stuff the day of, including FOOD and DRUNK and PORT-A-POTTY USE. Drink? You heard us—CALORIES! Port-A-Potty? You don't have to pee behind a car door! All registration money goes directly back into the race (DUH!). (You might be asking why we're advertising port-a-potties. Apparently there are no port-a-potty companies in Stillwater, Oklahoma. Which means we have to import your poo poo palace. But we'd rather you have a space to contemplate than an entire field of creepers, and we hope you agree!)
- We expect questions. As stated, a finalized rules list will be posted soon. Please feel free to reach out to us on Instagram anytime. @truff.shuff. See you in cyberspace!
Ticket to ride, plus a plate of tasty food, boozy drinks, & a sticker!$30.00+$0.75 service fee